Thursday, December 1, 2011

Christmas is coming!!

We put up a Christmas tree BEFORE Thanksgiving.....


I don't really know American culture but in my husband's house, which is Vietnamese culture.. we put up tree before. I had understood that people usually put up trees after Thanksgiving, maybe?

I didn't question before, but this year I asked my husband,
"Aren't people put up Christmas trees after Thanksgiving? Why we put it up before?"
And he said...
"Oh, I don't know....because it looks good, right?"

I guess so....
Now every time I pass through the tree I feel "holiday spirit", and wanna eat hot chocolate...hehehe...

Our tree needs more ornaments but I guess it will do for this year.
We need more next year though, so that our future baby-to-be can enjoy the tree :)

Do you put a Christmas tree up before or after the Thanksgiving?? 

9 comments:

  1. Awwww pretty. We put ours up on CHRISTmas eve. I think everyone makes their own traditions. Hugs. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous tree!! We put ours up the day after thanksgiving... it's a fun thing to look forward to after a long lazy day of eating a lot of turkey :)

    -rachel w k
    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful picture! :) I do mine usually a couple of weeks before Christmas if we are getting a real tree. We are going artificial this year so I think we will put it up sooner to get in the holiday spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very festive I put my tree up on the 8th Dec as my daughters birthday is the 9th and it always makes her birthday that little bit more special. In fact have done this now for 42 years:) Congratulations in advance for your little one

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! You have a really nice Christmas tree. As you know, I love holiday lights. We put our tree up first week of Dec... not right after T Day. :) I'm a new follower too of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the tree. It's beautiful! I usually put it up after Thanksgiving.. I love christmas! It's such a happy holiday.=)

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful tree, I put mine up the day after Thanksgiving! Sharing Etsy <3 from the promotion team blingnthingsbypenny

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, everyone for commenting!!
    There is no "fixed" date for putting up trees, huh?

    We just need to figure out our tradition for next year, I'm hoping we have our own house by then:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful tree. I can see how putting up the Christmas tree before Thanksgiving can give you that extra holiday spirit. After all, Christmas is the happiest time of the year and the tree is a symbol of that. At least it is for me.

    I love the holidays and can't wait to finish decorating my Christmas tree and drink egg nog and hot chocolate.

    Following from Blogging Buddies
    myminibag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete