Sunday, December 4, 2011

My lunch : Tuna & Corn Cream Pasta and Seaweed Salad

My husband usually comes home for lunch everyday since his work place is in less-than-10-minutes-drive.
But the other day, he went for a lunch with his work team.

So I decided making my favorite dish for myself, which is cream pasta.

Tuna & Corn Cream Pasta
Plus considering nutrient food, I made seaweed, tomato, and onion salad.

The pasta was so easy to make.
*Ingredients for two
  -Spaghetti (your favorite kind, here I used what I had...I forgot the name of this kind.)
  -Salt
  -Canned tuna  1 can
  -Corn 1 cup
  -Onion 1/4 of onion
  -Butter, flour 1 Tablespoon
  -Milk 1 cup
  -Chicken consomme 1/2 Teaspoon 
  -Salt and pepper (for seasoning)
  -Parsley (for garnish)

*1. Cook pasta as usual.
*2. Melt butter in a pan, brown onions. And add flour and cook it until it's not powdery.
*3. Add milk and stir constantly until the sauce thickens in a low heat, and add chicken consomme.
*4. Mix canned tuna and corn into the pan and seasons with salt and pepper.
*5. Turn off the stove, add pasta into the pan and mix them together quickly and garnish with Parsley.

For the salad, Soak dried seaweeds in water for about 10 mins. And squeeze water out of seaweeds.
Cut onion and tomato and mix all together and pour Ponzu sauce (Japanese citrus soy sauce) over it....
   **Tip : Soak sliced onion into cold salted water, it makes onion less spicy and sweeter.
         ( It might loose some nutrients of onion into the water though... )


I ate with Orange Juice for extra folic acid that is great for pregnant women :)


***After thought****
-Since I took some time to take decent pictures, the pasta got cold and sauce got too thick that they stuck together..... I wish I had eaten it right away without trying to take good pictures....
-The salad was great for the creamy pasta, because the dressing is so light, it cut through the creaminess of the pasta dish. Good balance :)


No comments:

Post a Comment